Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti?
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Like PhilP mentioned, i use Aurender X100L and I'm really amazed with the SQ.

What you will get with the Aurender is a solidly built unit with excellent USB audio out circuit that matches perfectly with Devialet, built-in storage to accommodate all your music library (capacity range from 1 TB to 8 TB), you get a 120 GB SSD for buffering and jitter free playback and you get a smart and very functional remote app for iOS (iPad only) and Android. despite the fact that it has enough capacity it has the ability to stream from NAS.

What you will miss is other digital outputs (only USB output), u will miss streaming services integration (so no iRadio, no Qobuz, etc...) though i was told that Tidal integration is in the making.

On the other hand, where really NAD M50 shines is its integration of online streaming services (a whole host of many services) and it also comes with a built-in optical drive (which is a controversy) and of course no built in storage but NAD offers a dedicated storage unit to match the M50.

Aurialic Aeris, especially the one with external power supply should be also considered.

While i understand the value of a Mac Mini or a computer based solution, i would not go down this route as it won't be a plug and play solution and will always require your engagement, whereas purposely built units are much less demanding and they just simply play (of course if they are designed and executed well).

Of course at this point in time you could also wait and see exactly what Dialog will bring as new functionality to Devialet. Unfortunately Devialet offers very limited technical information at this point but i guess it would be a good idea if you can wait.

however, from what we know so far, Dialog won't have a built-in storage but it is not clear if there will be an option of plugging a USB drive for music playback. if it does not offer that, then i understand it won't meet your requirements of not having to stream from a NAS
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by gtiboy - 31-Dec-2014, 20:27
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by thumb5 - 31-Dec-2014, 20:54
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by PhilP - 31-Dec-2014, 21:11
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by gtiboy - 31-Dec-2014, 21:41
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by ZincAlloy - 01-Jan-2015, 03:56
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by PhilP - 01-Jan-2015, 11:31
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by thumb5 - 31-Dec-2014, 23:11
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by Damon - 31-Dec-2014, 23:31
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by amabrok - 01-Jan-2015, 07:26
RE: Devialet 200 Vs SuperUniti? - by gtiboy - 01-Jan-2015, 13:56