Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick with Devialet or switch?
There are few important factors that need to be included for more clarity on the way forward

- Listening Room Size
- Listening distance (near/mid/far)
- Treated Room / bad acoustic room / in between
- Listening volume 

I used to have Phantom Silver pair in a small room and I never needed to push them beyond half the point. I think that is the party trick of the Phantoms - ability to fill sound at louder volumes
If this is not the requirement and the distance to listening is not too much then there is wider choice. Kef LSX, which I have, works brilliantly and they might be cheaper than Sonos. But if your room is a problematic one then Sonos has some kind of Auto EQ which might give the added benefit. 

I do not listen at too loud volumes (and mostly at lower levels) and this is the achilles heel for active speakers (IMO and it is not applicable for all the active speakers out there). When I am  buying a powerful system and mostly plan to listen at lower volumes then I think I am making a wrong choice for the probable 1 in 100 time situation, when I might pump the volume up

Also the more expensive the system is, I would like the manufacturer to give longer warranty for that peace of mind. I love the fact that the Devialet offers 5 years transferable warranty on the Expert amps and that fits my thinking perfectly whereas just 2 years on an expensive Gold pair makes me a tad uncomfortable but at the same time the same 2 years on KEF LSX seems ok as the price point is much lower

Jus to answer you straight - Yes, I would look at other choices than a pair of Gold Phantom taking consideration into above points
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |

Messages In This Thread
Stick with Devialet or switch? - by battlefork - 09-Feb-2020, 02:58
RE: Stick with Devialet or switch? - by WTree - 09-Feb-2020, 07:02