Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
Haven't had any issues like that.

RAAT uses more bandwidth than AIR, more data including data back to Roon from the Devialet, and more error checking/correction. Maybe that was the issue.

Can you put the problem ethernet cable in another location, preferably where it will carry an AV signal including video so that a lot of data is being carried but Roon isn't involved? For example I can stream video straight to my TV using apps on the TV, and also via an Apple TV using apps on it. If you can make such a swap, does the cable work in that situation? If not then the cable isn't working properly in 2 separate situations, one of which doesn't involve Roon, so that would mean it's not a Roon or a Devialet problem and the problem would have to be a faulty cable since that's the only thing that would be common to both situations.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by David A - 11-Feb-2020, 01:59