Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
@mdconnelly

I don't know why I couldn't find your post on the Roon forums when I looked previously but thanks for the link, and I can also now locate it myself when I look.

Anyway, just saw your responses from Roon. Not overly helpful. It's a bit hard to see how you could have failed to power cycle your 440 twice after a firmware review update when it's exactly 12 months to the day today (already 12 February here in Australia) since the last firmware update. I know my 140 has been power cycled multiple times in the last month simply due to being disconnected from power during electrical storms during our storm (and fire) season. It's hard to see anyone's amp not being power cycled several times for one reason or another over a 12 month period unless Roon, and you, know something we don't. Is there a new update coming that you've been secretly beta testing? OK, that was a joke and we all know we can ignore that possibility. So Roon are no help on this one.

I can't think of anything other than the cable but that doesn't seem to be a plausible answer in some ways. Since you have things working again with a different cable, all I can suggest is letting it continue to run and see if the problem recurs again at some stage. Not the answer you probably want to hear but sometimes that's all you can do and I think this looks like one of those times.

I hadn't heard Viktoria Tolstoy's "Stations" but I played it on Tidal last night and ended up purchasing the album as a 96/24 download. Thanks for the recommendation on that album.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by David A - 11-Feb-2020, 21:13