Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
As with many on this forum, I have had the seemingly intractable issue with Ethernet and RAAT. I bought the EtherREGEN, partially on the hope that the 100 mbps port could solve the issue. That worked for awhile and then the problem returned. My last-ditch effort has proved effective for the past three days, which is an eternity in the world of this specific problem.

I did two things: 1) I went into the Devialet configurator and changed the Ethernet set-up from DHCP to a static IP address; and 2) I assigned my Devialet the same IP address as a fixed address in my router set-up. Note that others have tried the first step in the Devialet web set-up page. You apparently can't do this effectively, as each time the Devialet goes through its start-up progress it will revert to whatever the configuration file says.

With this set-up, I have had access to RAAT without any blips. In addition, the momentary buffering (that is, I would lose about 1 second of the song) that I used to get when quickly going from one song to another in Tidal (songs not in queue) has been eliminated. This works regardless of the format (CD-quality vs. higher resolutions).

One question I have not answered is whether this set-up would work equally well with gigabit connections. As I have a working solution right now, I am not going to experiment any more.

Good luck to those of you who try this method!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by Flashman - 09-Mar-2020, 13:21