Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
Hello, slowly I think that everything is possible.
A friend called me on the weekend that he suddenly had problems (1 year without problems) with Roon RAAT.
He described the following errors: Runs normally for some time, then charging problems and stuttering, HiRes Flacs stuttering or not charging. Since we are not far away I said to him take your devialet and the nucleus and come to me. We wired everything up and started with HiRes Flacs, no problems. Everything we tested ran normally, after 3 hours we stopped the test. What can cause the error? I then suspected his network / router, so I packed my router (FB 6591) and a switch and we drove to his home. I now connected the switch and router to the devialet and the nucleus, and lo and behold, the same error as before with his devices, now also occurred with my devicesäten. After a long debate, he suddenly said that he had asked his Internet provider to increase the bandwidth from 200 M / bit to 500 M / bit !! Are there timing problems with the ISP distribution points, or more workloads in the segments (500 M/Bit)? Everything else in the network telephone, TV, Internet, mail without problems.
Maybe that's why some of us have no problems with RAAT!
At the moment at a loss! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by K4680 - 09-Mar-2020, 14:30