Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
@Flashman - are you saying that you were getting the same RAAT problems normally attributed to gigabit ethernet using your EtherRegen? If so, that is quite surprising and disappointing given the 100mbps EtherRegen output to your Devialet. I was intending to buy an EtherRegen in part to help solve this issue. The good news I guess, is that you may have saved me the price of one.

For what it's worth, I have my Devialet setup with a static IP but still get the RAAT problems at gigabit speed. But not at 100mbps speed.

@K4680 - Wow. I too was assuming that the reason some have had no problems was due to the router in use. Your case may have disproved that. But still... hard to imagine how the speed of the ISP connection might cause this... I still find it totally strange that 100mbps works while gigabit does not. That path leads to assuming a handshaking problem at the Devialet end. Now I'm just more confused than ever.

Still, using my trusty $10 gig-to-100mbps switch, all works well most of the time. I have seen the occasional pause or stutter - typically only at the start of a listening session- but I pretend I didn't so that I can just enjoy the music.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by mdconnelly - 09-Mar-2020, 15:27