Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
@K4680 ,

Yes, they're available from places like Amazon but if you only have 1 at the time and something goes wrong, or both of your cards get rejected by your amp all of a sudden and  you go out looking in the local stores to get one in a hurry rather than waiting for one to arrive from an on-line store, you're likely to have a lot less success.

Both of my cards stopped being recognised. My problem was an SD card slot in the amp which had failed. When neither of my cards worked, I went looking for a new card so I could test whether it was my existing cards which were the problem or something else. I couldn't find an 8 GB card or smaller anywhere locally. If you need another card in a hurry and you don't have one on hand you won't think that Amazon is a good place to shop  when you have to wait a week or so for a card to arrive. Using Factory Config is nowhere near as convenient as using a config file and you can't use SAM except from a config file on an SD card.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by David A - 10-Mar-2020, 09:03