Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT
(10-Mar-2020, 09:03)David A Wrote: @K4680 ,

Yes, they're available from places like Amazon but if you only have 1 at the time and something goes wrong, or both of your cards get rejected by your amp all of a sudden and  you go out looking in the local stores to get one in a hurry rather than waiting for one to arrive from an on-line store, you're likely to have a lot less success.

Both of my cards stopped being recognised. My problem was an SD card slot in the amp which had failed. When neither of my cards worked, I went looking for a new card so I could test whether it was my existing cards which were the problem or something else. I couldn't find an 8 GB card or smaller anywhere locally. If you need another card in a hurry and you don't have one on hand you won't think that Amazon is a good place to shop  when you have to wait a week or so for a card to arrive. Using Factory Config is nowhere near as convenient as using a config file and you can't use SAM except from a config file on an SD card.

Hi, exactly for this reason (local availability) I have ordered several SD cards! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon, Expert Pro, and a major issue with RAAT - by K4680 - 10-Mar-2020, 09:54