Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Phantom Reactors as Monitors
Hi,

With DOS 2.9.0, the minimum Stereo stable latency i can get is : 190ms to 80ms, not 60ms.

80ms is great for all DSP features for a real FULL RANGE speaker, and incredible sound (NO SUB needed) Smile

I don't follow official Devialet TUTORIAL :

First : i create a Stereo ROOM in configuration.

Then, I plug Optical input to one Devialet Reactor 600, and i use an Ethernet Cable between the one and the second, and the communicate between them (left and right) even if WIFI is OFF Smile (after Stereo configuration , i can switch off wifi , and just use optical cable and ETHERNET for STEREO between the 2 Reactor)

The Ethernet liaison between Right and Left seems to be more stable in Stereo, and i can reach 80ms stable minimum latency.

I don't understand why Devialet don't speak about this Ethernet soluce in Stereo, that i think more stable than Wifi between left and right, and even the Wifi router is off, it still work with optical input Smile

Regards,

Olivier F.
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14

Messages In This Thread
Using Phantom Reactors as Monitors - by RMK - 22-Feb-2020, 21:41
RE: Using Phantom Reactors as Monitors - by ofrappier - 23-Feb-2020, 11:24