Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
(09-Apr-2020, 18:56)petrik Wrote: I happened to notice interesting results regarding jitter on the Miller’s measurements (96 kHz/24-bit). These might not be fully comparable results but the difference there is quite significant.
D-Premier: 49 psec
D170: ~2300 psec

Moreover, the difference is almost nonexisting at 48 kHz/24-bit.

Looking at the measurements, it would seem that you are correct.  I also note that the "rouge" 96kHz/24-bit Jitter measurement for the D170 is only for the S/PDIF input, there is no equivalent measurement for USB. 

There is some explanation re jitter in the side bar of the original Hifi News review, see link below.  There is also some commentary regarding distortion, the difference between the analogue and digital inputs, very interesting and well worth a read.

https://www.audio-components.de/assets/U...i-News.pdf

I also managed to find this, the Hifi News review of the Original D'Altelier.  Again, some interesting comments re the difference between the analogue and digital inputs, jitter and distortion at very high frequencies.  Although it occurs to me that nobody has a truly original Original D'Altllier anymore, as I presume they have all been upgraded to 1000 Pro internals now?

https://www.sarte-audio.com/sites/defaul..._hires.pdf

In more practical terms, I have had a difficult week and the UK is on "Lockdown".  But today is a public holiday, the sun is shining, I plan to open a bottle of wine, play an extensive collection of hard core electronica, and see if I can find a strange tune that actually features a 20kHz sine wave as part of the music and blow my 1000 Pro to pieces. 

I'll let you all know how this goes.  Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Confused - 10-Apr-2020, 08:08