Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropout with D Premier and AIR
(02-Apr-2020, 20:27)David A Wrote: Given the proximity of the AP to the Devialet, then the simplest solution is an ethernet cable from AP to Devialet provided the AP has a free ethernet port.

The D Premier doesn't have an ethernet port, this is the issue. 

I had a similar situation with a Ubiquiti AP 10cm from the D Premier and a hard wired Roon core - still got dropouts regularly. If you want a reliable experience I would forget Devialet Air, even via Roon. It is simply not robust enough on a D Premier with it's internal wi-fi antennas.

I would look into using a good quality transport or streamer with the D Premier.

I trialed an Auralic Aries G1 last year, connected to the D Premier by AES. Sounded extremely good.

I have just taken delivery of the Meridian 218 (Roon Tested) and the Meridian 210 (Roon Ready) for evaluation. The 218 also sounded excellent through coaxial digital output into the D Premier. The 210 also does Bluetooth and Spotify and has Wi-Fi should it be required. Evaluation to follow although I would expect it to sound very similar to the 218.

Messages In This Thread
Dropout with D Premier and AIR - by georgev - 02-Apr-2020, 10:18
RE: Dropout with D Premier and AIR - by Edgeyboy - 03-Apr-2020, 06:36
RE: Dropout with D Premier and AIR - by thumb5 - 03-Apr-2020, 08:48
RE: Dropout with D Premier and AIR - by thumb5 - 03-Apr-2020, 09:53