Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(26-Jul-2015, 17:26)bmichels Wrote: The N10 is again on AURENDER web, and the good news is that it now has 4 To INTERNAL storage :-)))

Also, it mention "On-the-fly precision DSD to PCM Conversion by FPGA". This is very interesting for NON-DSD Dacs.  is the N10 the only AURENDER with this option ?

I went to a dealer to audition an N10 that was part of a $100K+ system (which did not include Devialet units).

The system sounded inferior to my Devialet 400 fed by a Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card that Bryston introduced in the middle of May.
(My system, including Kubala Sosna Elation cables, Tombo Tron coax for the link between the master and slave,
Bryston BDP-2 streamer, Bybee power conditioner + tweaks is probably $53K.)

I personally do not need the DSD to PCM Conversion.

Especially now that the Devialet expert line can play DSD64.

So, if you are looking for a high-quality streamer, I highly recommend the Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card ($3K).
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by miro - 28-Jul-2015, 02:03