Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(28-Jul-2015, 10:46)Antoine Wrote:
(28-Jul-2015, 08:39)completeluxury Wrote: seems like a lot of parts in a chain for that 100k+ system to completely disregard the aurender!

I agree! Any "valid" conclusions about comparing two streamers can of course only be made if these were compared in the exact same system.

That's the most exhaustive approach.

However, given the $8K price tag of the N10 and the $3K for the Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card that is optimized for AES/EBU streaming
and so works great with the optimized AES/EBU input of the D200 master,
and the extreme level of details that I am getting with the BDP-2 in my system, I just do not feel the need to waste time
to audition the N10 in my system.

This is after auditioning the N10 in a $100K+ system at an audiodealer.

The BDP-2 with the new soundcard is really an overachiever. Anyone who is in the market for the N10 should also try the BDP-2 with the new sound card.
Plus, the BDP-2 is just $300 more than the N100 with a built-in harddrive, which is only a USB streamer, while the BDP-2 makes no compromises and has a complete set of outputs, with its AES/EBU and BNC outputs being highly optimized.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by miro - 28-Jul-2015, 11:51