Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(28-Jul-2015, 12:21)bmichels Wrote: Guillaume, I am happy that you finally have been able to configure your TotalDAC Server.

Can you tell me if now you have tried to stream QOBUZ or TIDAL from your Totaldac server ? Is the TIDAL/QOBUZ interface convenient with the iPAD app that you mention ? (I have been so impress by the convenience and fluidity of the AURENDER dedicated app that I am reluctant to use those other apps mentioned...but it seems that the TotalDAC Server will provide a better sound quality than the AURENDER ! SO, do I need to choose between APP Usability or SQ Quality ??:-(

Hi - yes I can stream Qobuz and Tidal from my d1 server. For this I use the iPeng 8 app and not MPD. Works fine although SQ of Qobuz is noticeably better than Tidal although I haven't checked this lately...

MPD is a joy to use, very stable and straightforward although possibly a bit basic in terms of features compared to the Aurender. 

Re Aurender v totaldac SQ I can't really answer your question since I haven't compared in my own setup. Which Aurender model are you comparing it to?

My d1 server is now sitting in a box waiting for Fedex collection. It is being sent back to France for a free upgrade.  Cool One of the advantages of totaldac is the very personal service you receive as a customer.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by GuillaumeB - 28-Jul-2015, 13:26