Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ?
(14-Jan-2015, 19:15)amabrok Wrote:
(14-Jan-2015, 19:05)kenreau Wrote: I submitted the USB, SPDIF, AES port format question to Devialet and got a very prompt response I thought would be beneficial for the group

Thierry Massoubre (Devialet)
Jan 14 09:13
Dear Ken,
Thanks for your message. Basically, the 3 inputs are as qualitative (provided that the USB output of the Aurender is asynchronous). The selecting factor will be more linked to the distance between the different elements.
 A USB cable shouldn't be longer than 2 to 3m. If you intend to have a wider distance betwenn the Devialet and your server, you may consider using the AES/EBU input. Mind using a genuine 100 Ohm digital cable in this case.
I hope this helps you.
Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks
 Kenreau

I assume by "Qualitative" Thierry means equivalent?

and i confirm that Aurender usb out is async.

what will be ideal if any of the members here on the forum own W20 or S10 as they will be in a position to do a direct comparison between the different three outputs and how each one plays with Devialet

But no mention of SPDIF but assume, that as AES/EBU is designed to provide balanced input/output, it should provide a better performance (better noise cancelling so should, in theory, be quieter) over SPDIF provided that both output and input sources are designed with fully balanced circuits. Assume that both the AES/EBU output of the Aurender, and AES/EBU input to Devialet are fully balanced?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Aurender models; X100 vs N100 vs N10 vs S10 ? - by brit - 14-Jan-2015, 19:51