Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling in higher bit rate streams
@ismarketing I've been chasing what sounds like the exact same problem on my 1000 Pro CI. I also use the Roon AIR implementation ("Devialet Expert via Devialet AIR") and get intermittent crackling on 24/192 content, most often during the first 30 seconds of a track.

Have you tried a 24/192 file stored locally on your Roon Core? On mine, I get the same crackling, although a bit less frequently. I also tried replacing ethernet cables (no change) and switching to RAAT (fixed the crackling, but introduced different problems, see all the "slowly loading" threads about the gigabit ethernet bug). I haven't tried switching to Wifi yet.

The thing that seems to have made the biggest improvement for me so far is changing my router settings to enable IGMP proxying. You might try that on your Orbi to see if it helps. After making the change on my Netgear router, the problem occurs far less frequently and is less severe (not really a crackling any more, but just a tiny digital "skip").

Also, you'll see that Roon has a setting that allows you to cap the sample rate for Qobuz to 24/96, which might also "solve" it for you, assuming you don't get crackling at sample rates below 24/192. I haven't noticed it on mine on lower sample rates.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crackling in higher bit rate streams - by flohmann - 04-May-2020, 17:09