Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling in higher bit rate streams
(30-May-2020, 18:13)flohmann Wrote:
(30-May-2020, 16:44)ismarketing Wrote: Hi folks. Just an update. I have tried every conceivable variable in my system that could be causing these dropouts. Today I tried hard wiring my 120 directly to a new router – not the Orbi – and my Mac mini directly to that new router. The drop outs were still they are at anything above 2496.  Given that I also heard dropouts with a test configuration of rune on a different Mac also hardwired to a different router, my conclusion is this is a Dev and Roon Software issue, or I have a bad network card in my 120. I have shared this with Devialet, and I am awaiting a response . I’ll update as possible.

For anyone following this thread, I’d appreciate knowing if you can successfully stream anything at 2496 or above to your non pro expert using Roon?  Thanks
As mentioned earlier, I still get occasional crackling at 24/192, both from Qobuz and from locally stored files. My Devialet is 1000 Pro CI, connected by Ethernet to router, which is also connected by Ethernet to my Roon Core Mac mini, so apparently not reserved to only pre-Pro units. For now, I've "solved" the problem by limiting Qobuz to 24/96.
Thanks F.  I appreciate your help and I’m hoping for a fix rather than your smart workaround.  God to know, I guess, that this Is an issue for pro users as well. But I am still curious if anyone who has a non-pro unit can successfully stream above 2496 without dropouts using Roon. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crackling in higher bit rate streams - by ismarketing - 30-May-2020, 19:25