Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hana MH High Output MC Settings?
Hi All,

Cartridge arrived this evening, and I fitted it about an hour ago.

So far, so good, in as much as there’s no real audible hiss until I turn the volume up to around -1. I guess hooking the deck up, and not having an open input has reduced the noise I commented on in the post above.

Have used the Acoustic Solutions Smartractor and aligned the cartridge to UniDin, as most of my collection is modern, and that’s worked well in the past.

I’ve only spun a couple of discs, but am very impressed so far; I didn’t know what to expect, but it’s just lovely.

Max Richter’s ‘Blue Notebooks’ was really emotional and attention grabbing, and to check for tracking, I used Nils Frahm’s Late Night Tales, with the short story read by Cillian Murphy at the very end of the album; absolutely no distortion whatsoever, and again, the emotion in his voice was entrancing.

I’m currently spinning Session Victim’s ‘Needledrop’, mainly to see if I needed to put a 2mm shim to raise the VTA as it’s quite warped (thankfully I don’t), and it just sounds lush and textured; the bass is really well controlled and defined.

Basically, it’s doing what it should; playing music...

I’ll give it a few more hours over the weekend, but if it’s sounding like this box-fresh, then I think it can only get better and it’s a keeper.

Cheers,

Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hana MH High Output MC Settings? - by cubbington - 16-May-2020, 01:13