Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Dual Mono
Hi team,

I have spend the best part of an hour searching the forum, but couldn't find anything identical so here I am.

After an initially successful configuration of my-half-new-second hand 1000 Pro CI, I have noticed the warmer companion unit and started to read the threads about the value of the trigger cable.

So I tried that, probably not quite the right way (I later found this post and will try again) because after the set up the companion would stay stuck in "debug mode" after booting and no sound came out of the speakers connected to it. I tried again, noticed different contents of the firmware files on the SD card of the companion and decided to reinstall the latest version on both master and companion to ensure both units had exactly the same level of firmware and OS, without touching the config files. Update went well.

But since I was stlll facing the issue on the companion after reboot, I decided to give up on trigger for now and to go for a super simple brand new config where the only things I changed was the ethernet address in which I input a fixed IP and deactivation of the 2 analog RCA inputs and Opt input. 

I didn't touch anything else. I disconnected the trigger cable also and loaded the 2 SD cards in master and companion and the companion booted normally this time... good news or so I thought.

I then played a tune from Roon through ethernet Air and... heard an awful and large sound coming from the speakers. I stopped that immediately. Disconnected and reconnected both power cables, tried again and the issue was now gone... I thought I was back on the right (if warm) tracks and happily played some of my favorite tunes and found the sound much better than in my initial dual mono test (I think there was indeed some firmware difference between the units). I was in fact sounding plain amazing!

I then, just to be sure you know, tried switching the input on the master to the Digital RCA connected to my Bluray player since I had promised my daughter better sound through the amazing new speakers when playing movies instead of the subpar sound of our 9 years old pana plasma TV... and... drums rolling... same story... an awful sound coming out of the speakers...

I am still in the process of debugging this, but has anyone experienced similar issues and what could be a solution?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
Issue with Dual Mono - by bernardl - 10-May-2020, 03:48
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by Pim - 10-May-2020, 10:55
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by bernardl - 10-May-2020, 14:52
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by mdconnelly - 10-May-2020, 15:28
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by thumb5 - 10-May-2020, 16:16
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by sam1000 - 10-May-2020, 22:35
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by bernardl - 11-May-2020, 09:30
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by markush - 11-May-2020, 11:23
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by ogs - 12-May-2020, 14:39
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by mdconnelly - 12-May-2020, 15:27
RE: Issue with Dual Mono - by Confused - 14-May-2020, 08:53