Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System simplification ideas ...
Thanks everyone for the inputs Smile

@flanti I wish I could get rid of everything (in the middle) and just get a pair of Reactor! But with my mixed setup I need to cater with specific cabling. Except if I find workaround to chain switch and splitters to connect everything.

I understand the issue about the latency especially for Karaoke that would be problematic. Also another for the karaoke is that I have a Karaoke box and a mixer (because my amplifier doesn't have a microphone and a mixing function to mix the song audio with the microphone).
At the moment the workaround to that is to get the video out directly to the TV via another HDMI port (So I need to switch to that particular HDMI input on the TV). KTV box is outputting the sound of the songs to the mixer which can mix song audio and microphone. Then it is connected to my amplifier via RCA (So I need to switch on the amplifier on that particular input). And then I need to mute the TV sound otherwise I will have the sound coming from the HDMI from the KTV box.

So apart from that latency, if I integrate a pair of Phantom into my 5.1 how did people get rid of the latency?

@njaiswal Budget wise the Phantom Premier price is something that might not pass my financial approver (wife Big Grin) especially if it involves changing the amplifier (additional cost).

In absolute I would not mind to change my amplifier if it simplifies my setup. The Marantz one with pre-out looks nice especially for the multiple HDMI port. That would help me to connect all my devices via HDMI.
@Snoopy8 Any recommendation for amplifier with lot of HDMI port and Front pre-out? If the Reactor would be to replace the speakers with the tube player, then I "lose" on the simplification side!

@Marcello would you mind to share your ADC model? From my initial searches, it seems that I can only find chipset lol
It doesn't look like something very common.

Looks like that with my setup a realistic change would be to purchase a pair of 600 or 900 with an amplifier with Front pre-outs and a ADC for the latency fix. Result would be to get rid of my 2 front speakers, 2 stereo speakers coming with the small tube player and downsize my amplifier size (As Marantz have "small" size one).
Or ideally find workaround to chain switch and splitters to connect everything. And just use the Reactors in stereo.

Messages In This Thread
System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 12-May-2020, 07:27
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by ogs - 12-May-2020, 12:04
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 15-May-2020, 05:11