Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Pro optimal power output?
@bernardl ,

Why have the default level at -40 dB or -46 dB? That's extremely low. I've got a 130 so if I followed your reasoning I'd set my default to -37 dB since a 250 has roughly twice the output of the 130, In practice, however, with my speakers in my room, most of my listening is done at around -20 dB, give or take a few dB so I have my default set to -20 dB. I really dislike the -40 dB default because it means I have to raise the volume around 20 dB or so every time I turn the amp on and that's annoying.

Take a look at what level you do most of your listening at and set the default somewhere closer to that unless you're listening too much during a coronavirus lockdown, you're getting a lot less exercise as a result, and expending a bit of energy raising the volume setting every time you turn the amp on makes a difference to your weight :-)

That's my view and I'm sticking to it. I view default settings as convenience settings intended to marke life easier.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Dual Pro optimal power output? - by bernardl - 13-May-2020, 23:31
RE: Dual Pro optimal power output? - by David A - 14-May-2020, 02:12
RE: Dual Pro optimal power output? - by ogs - 14-May-2020, 08:05
RE: Dual Pro optimal power output? - by thumb5 - 14-May-2020, 16:14