Poll: As of 1st May 2020 - Were you aware of Devialet's advice to create new configurations from scratch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
24.39%
10 24.39%
No
60.98%
25 60.98%
No - but I had Configuration issues and worked this out the hard way
14.63%
6 14.63%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dual Mono users - Advice to create new configurations from scratch
I have tried twice now to make a minor change to the config and both times it resulted in changes in other parts of the config that I did not touch (tested by doing a filediff).

My guess is that upon edit, certain parts of the config default back to ... something. Perhaps with a lot of trial and error, it would be possible to discern what those are so that you'd now to always update that section of the config upon each re-edit. But I'm not sure it's consistent and it sure seems like that ought to be Devialet's job to figure it out and fix it. What's most surprising is that I'd have to think it drives them equally crazy. Unless they have better tools to do so.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dual Mono users - Advice to create new configurations from scratch - by mdconnelly - 17-May-2020, 21:29