Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Music Pausing on Gold Phantom Stereo Pair
Update 2:

I've been assured by Devialet that I received a new speaker and that there is no refurbished inventory in the US.

My case was sent along to the engineers in France. They came back this morning with the following:

Once you have an optical cable connected to your system, this source gets activated once the optical cable starts to send a signal. This is very convenient for cases such as yours, in which the sound of your TV is also coming out of the Phantoms. The goal for this feature is that the TV sound should come out of the Phantoms as soon as the TV is on. Now, it seems like your TV is sending data through the optical cable even when it is not on, which is interpreted as a "wake-up call." This would explain why the music just pauses: it is because the system is switching the source it is listening to. For your information, the software team told me that we would include a switch to turn this feature off for cases like yours in our next firmware release.

I'm sharing this information so that is anyone else has a similar setup, you'll know what to do...at least until the next firmware update. So far, so good.

Devialet's customer support has been excellent throughout this ordeal. Despite the early glitches, the speakers are simply amazing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Music Pausing on Gold Phantom Stereo Pair - by bravocharlie - 24-Jun-2020, 15:28