Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to connect NUC (i7) with Roon Rock to Devialet
I think RAAT via ethernet to your 250 would be a good choice. If you are worried about noise, an EtherRegen should do it. This would also get you around any trouble with the '1GB ethernet + RAAT' bug as the 'B' port of the EtherRegen is 100Base-T. NUC and NAS directly connected to EtherRegen 'A' ports if possible, with good power supplies all the way. USB to your Devialet may sound excellent, but I believe the network route is even better.
Alternatively RAAT over wifi (real galvanic isolation) can sound very good. RAAT is extra ordinarily robust over a wifi link. If you can play 176.4 and 192kHz over wifi with no disturbances it's a decent alternative.
A recent discussion over at the Roon forum reveals that there is no SQ benefit with music files on a local SSD vs SMB mounted from a NUC. There are a few functional advantages to a music file SSD on ROCK though.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best way to connect NUC (i7) with Roon Rock to Devialet - by ogs - 27-Jun-2020, 10:01