Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review
(14-Aug-2020, 16:18)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Today I checked the polarity (ground, null, line) for several cables I have around the house, such as those used to power Devialet ("Plug Type E" to "IEC C13"). I was surprised to find that there is no standard respected by all manufacturers. With "Plug Type E" inserted in the wall socket identically, at the "IEC C13" connector the result is not the same: about half of the cables carry the "line" cable on the "line" pin, and the other half lead the "line" cable on the "null" pin ("line" and "null" are reversed).

For those who want to have the correct polarity in the devices, I advise them to check it right at the connector in the device, and not to rely on the polarity of the connector on the wall outlet.

Usually, after connecting the cable in the wall socket, i try to find, in the other end of the cable, the "line" (+) in the right hole considering the middle one (ground) turned at the top. That´s the process i learn long time ago and i hope it´s right.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review - by BoyScout - 14-Aug-2020, 16:42