Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction
(04-Jul-2020, 19:39)Elztalbiker Wrote: By your idea you will miss a lot of performance level and emotions

Sorry for this result

I am OK to face the USB jitter if that's the concern here. Other than that I don't believe there is a performance impact in this flow as Devialet converts any kind of analog signal to digital (in the ADH) to process and amplify it. This means the signal that comes into Devialet's processing unit should be identical to the one that goes out from the Devialet's USB out. After that, I will get the 24-bit 96k signal and I will apply a Dirac EQ over it (that has measured my house with a 24-bit 96k mic) and I will move out the processed signal to Devialet AIR or Devialet's USB in the 24-bit 96k format and then Devialet will process it in 24-bit 96Hz format and send to the speakers.

This is already what Devailet does when you send an analog signal to it without the USB out and USB in part is not being in place. My only problem, after using Dirac, I can't stand the sound of my room without the room correction as the difference is like day and night. (I have physical room treatment in place but I am an ex-pat in the country, I don't want to invest more to fix the room as Dirac does a great job for me for a very small amount of money)

(04-Jul-2020, 20:15)ogs Wrote: This will not work unless a digital loop could be enabled on the amplifier. This has actually been discussed, but has not been provided for. The original thought of a convolver in the amp's DSP has been dismissed (AFAIK) due to being technically impossible. The last option is to run the signal through Roon (as a radio station https://community.roonlabs.com/t/can-a-l...roon/42373 ) or the MiniDSP SHD, but then you'd have to use a RIAA separate from your Devialet.
The digital loop would require some heavy DIY for the external processing as I do not think one can buy this in a shop...

Hmm.. a digital loop would probably work with the MiniDSP SHD Studio! Imagine EQ+Dirac 2.0 processing. No DIY at all, just a learning curve

I give up about the idea of a built-in convolver from Devialet a long time ago. That's why I am looking for a way to get the turntable's signal already digitally processed by Devialet (as by today if you select the input source as line-in and connect a USB cable, you can send the same signal that Devialet plays from the turntable) and processed in a computer and being sent back to the Devialet. But I think the problem here is you have to keep the amp in line-in input source to be able to capture the signal to the USB out. That's why I can't send the signal back to USB or AIR and listen to the processed signal.

What I am chasing here is something like this:
  1. The turntable is connected to Devialet's line-in and playing
  2. Devialet uses AIR or USB as the input source
  3. My computer is connected to the Devialet via USB and uses the USB out of Devialet to capture the signal coming from the turntable
  4. My computer processes the signal and applies the Dirac filters and sends the signal to Devialet's AIR or USB input
The only missing part in this picture is step 2. Devialet only captures the turntable's signal and sends it to the USB out in case the input source is selected as line-in.

And yes, if I don't use Devialet as the ADC (analog to digital converter) I can achieve what I am looking for but I am not convinced with that, I am only fine in case Devialet is the one converts the analog signal to the digital. I don't want to buy a 2K-3K Euro ADC only for applying room correction to my limited turntable collection.

Messages In This Thread
Room correction - by ada - 04-Jul-2020, 16:29
Room correction - by Elztalbiker - 04-Jul-2020, 19:39
RE: Room correction - by ada - 04-Jul-2020, 21:17
RE: Room correction - by ogs - 04-Jul-2020, 23:01
RE: Room correction - by ogs - 04-Jul-2020, 20:15
RE: Room correction - by David A - 04-Jul-2020, 21:59
Room correction - by Elztalbiker - 05-Jul-2020, 02:45
RE: Room correction - by petrik - 05-Jul-2020, 06:07
Room correction - by disarmamant - 05-Jul-2020, 10:46
RE: Room correction - by ogs - 05-Jul-2020, 12:47