Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience
I am very tempted to try an etherRegen. I feel confident it will address the Roon RAAT/gigabit ethernet issue if nothing else (since I'd use the 100mbps out to connect to the Devialet). I will say that many years back I remember struggling to hear a difference between power cords... and I can tell you I tried at least half a dozen or more. But with concerted effort and help from a few audio buddies, I ultimately was able to consistently discern differences. But it was as much me training my ears on what to listen for as it was sonic differences delivered from the different power cords. And then it took far longer to understand that different wasn't necessarily better. Hey, this ain't no hobby for the weak of heart.

I still have a hard time discerning between ethernet cables. Maybe it's may 68 year old ears or maybe these ears just need a bit more training on what to listen for. But I'll bet if I really tried, I would find yet another way to spend a lot more money. Given the mixed results I've seen posted here and elsewhere, I suspect that the etherRegen may fall into a similar category. Still... it is tempting and free to try for 30 days... I do wonder how many get returned.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience - by mdconnelly - 14-Jul-2020, 22:43