Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience
(18-Jul-2020, 11:58)PeppaPig Wrote:
(17-Jul-2020, 11:32)Antoine Wrote: It has many linear power regulators inside and it’s a tiny box so it’ll logically become hotter than any ‘regular switch’ which will use more power efficient switch mode regulators (which are noisier and less accurate). It’s a bit like the comparison of class A vs. class D amplifiers. The latter will run much cooler and be more power efficient.

I’d just stop worrying about it. Also check the manual, it describes the ‘running hot’.

oh ok, I didn’t know it has linear power regulator. Thanks for sharing.

Had to look it up but there’s 12 of them, more than I remembered! I incorrectly wrote power regulators BTW but of course they’re ‘voltage regulators’.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen
Quote:
  • To support its performance, the power networks of the EtherREGEN are as sophisticated and costly as the rest of the design. We use 12 of the world’s lowest-noise, lowest-impedance integrated voltage regulators—the famous Linear Technology LT3045 and LT3042. Supporting both the voltage regulators and the data chips are 195 low-inductance, X7R and X5R capacitors sized and selected by their derating curves.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience - by Antoine - 18-Jul-2020, 16:43