Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(06-Mar-2021, 00:01)ray1234 Wrote: I know this is an old topic, but just in case someone is still interested .....

I tried the Denafrips Iris. I am using Expert 400, previously using Ethernet Air fed through Windows 10 PC. The Iris beats Air completely. The 'thinness' in violin and mid range previously with Air is completely gone and bass is deeper and better.

I haven't got my AES digital cable yet, so I am just connecting to Expert 400 using coaxial out from Iris with a Cardas AES to coaxial connector into Expert 400, I am sure things will still improve with a proper AES digital cable.
Very cool. Did u ever compare it to a Singxer SU-6 or the Audio-Gd DI20HE?

I'm using the SU-6 now and was tempted by the Denafrips Gaia. But in my experience even with these DDCs, the accessories like USB input, PSU etc still make a huge difference. Sometimes more than the converter itself.

Leads me to believe a lot of the sound is affected by things like ground loops etc.

BTW, I highly recommend trying the IFI iDefender with a clean 5V PSU at your Streamer or PC source.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by hardcore - 06-Mar-2021, 08:41