Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(06-Mar-2021, 08:41)hardcore Wrote: Very cool. Did u ever compare it to a Singxer SU-6 or the Audio-Gd DI20HE?

I'm using the SU-6 now and was tempted by the Denafrips Gaia. But in my experience even with these DDCs, the accessories like USB input, PSU etc still make a huge difference. Sometimes more than the converter itself.

Leads me to believe a lot of the sound is affected by things like ground loops etc.

BTW, I highly recommend trying the IFI iDefender with a clean 5V PSU at your Streamer or PC source.

I haven't personally compared, but I have read from another forum that SU-6 performs about the same as Denafrips Gaia, so I guess there is no upgrade for you to go over to Gaia unless you need the extra input connections. I actually asked the vendor the performance difference between the Gaia and Iris, he said the Gaia is probably still a little bit better for USB, but the difference may not be huge.

The Iris is cheap, even cheaper than my AES cable, so give it a try if anyone is still using Air. The only downside is you will need 3 extra cables, a power cable, a good USB cable and a good AES cable, the cost of these cables is going to be more expensive than the Iris.

I have tried, both the USB and AES cable still makes a huge difference to the sound even using these re-clockers, so can't save on those items ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by ray1234 - 07-Mar-2021, 01:06