Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(18-Apr-2021, 10:30)Confused Wrote: An interesting video, with a rather surprising conclusion from the comparisons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvu_doQfAI0

Watched this video too. Very good explanation of why DDCs make a difference. It's frustrating when looking at people claiming they made 'measurements' that show no difference, when we know from experience there is a difference, and there is actually pretty solid science behind it. This guy does a good job explaining why.

Also interesting comparison with the Pi2AES. Pi2AES looks like a great 'streamer'. However I also use my Devialet for watching movies and playing games from my PC, so I still need USB for those - I might use the SU-6 with Optical for galvanic isolation to not affect the Devialet while not in use, and for pure music listening maybe try a Pi2AES.

But the SU-6 sounds great already for my USB source, and the built-in Air in the Devialet sounds great too, especially over WiFi (vs the Ethernet cable as another source of ground loop noise). Not sure if I'll feel that urge to experiment with a Pi2AES yet.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by hardcore - 06-May-2021, 10:43