Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(26-Mar-2023, 09:39)Greg Wrote:
(26-Mar-2023, 08:35)hardcore Wrote: I've posted this elsewhere before, but this audiophile optical USB cable was a game changer for me, and only about $200. No better galvanic isolation than optical. Easily bests the AQ Diamond and Curious Cable. Receiver side requires a separate 5V power supply though, and the source side is USB 3.0 only (doesn't work with USB 2.0 ports).

https://fibbrcable.com/products/alpha-us...udio-cable

Indeed. I have introduced optical galvanic isolation and it’s brought a big sound improvement. Furthermore, no need to invest in expensive ‘audio’ components. I used commercial products, total cost 92GBP. My system now is Roon core on sonicTranspoter i5>ethernet>TP-Link media converter>1m Multimode 62.5/125 Duplex Fibre Patch Cable>TP-Link media converter>very short ethernet>D250. I need to add a linear power supply for the downstream media converter, but it works fine with the standard supplied SMPS. Highly recommended. There’s a good instructional video on how to do it on the Small Green Computer website. 
https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/blogs...ital-audio

Optical galvanic isolation is used widely in different ways. I also use two different switches(Ubiquiti Edge Switch 10X and SOTM SNH-10G) connected to each other with fiber-optical patch cable.The DAC is connected to the audio switch with a short ethernet cable in this case. The system becomes a little bit complex in terms of system topology; but you can achieve great results by spending less and do not need very expensive digital cables anymore.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by CongoFather - 02-May-2023, 10:55