Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(30-Jul-2023, 12:24)Confused Wrote: That said, I am still very much enjoying my system with a REF10 lurking in the digital front end. I am just not sure if it is the way I would go now if starting from scratch.

I was wondering if you are only using the Ref 10 to clock the MC3+USB? As far as I remember, you sold the SoTM stack for and iFi Zen stream. 
I had two Mutec MC3+USBs in series with linear power supplies clock by a Ref 10 and that - as a DDC - was easily surpassed by a Denafrips Gaia which has two OCXO clocks. I already sold one Mutec, the other one is waiting to be sold. The Ref 10 is clocking my SMS-200 ultra neo and makes a small difference. I also removed the txUSB ultra (also clocked) from the chain as it made zero difference with the Gaia which has both galvanic and optical isolation on the USB and all other inputs. 

I'm looking into buying the new Denafrips streamer which also has HQ Player NAA and will most likely be able to sell the SMS-200 ultra neo and the Ref10 which would only be clocking my Etherregen. 

Over the years, trying different stuff, I realized that using something that has an excellent clock inside already is better IMO than using external clocks.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by zdenes - 14-Aug-2023, 02:48