Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(19-Aug-2023, 07:51)supaDean Wrote:
(19-Aug-2023, 03:52)zdenes Wrote:
(18-Aug-2023, 21:17)chrisc Wrote: Am I correct in saying that these devices described use a USB input and a digital (SPDIF) output?
When you say these devices, what do you mean? 

As I said a little earlier, I used a Mutec MC3+USB and now a Denafrips Gaia. Both units have USB, spdif coax, optical, AES inputs and spdif coax, optical and AES outputs. With both, I used the AES output into the Devialet's AES input with proper 110 ohm cables.

The Mutec MC3+USB is fantastic; well worth its price tag. The noise floor in my system is non-existent because of it. Long music-listening sessions never sounds fatiguing.
I agree, it is very good for the money. I had two in series with linear power supply for 5 years externally clocked by the Mutec Ref10. The Denafrips Gaia alone is still better. Does everything as well as the Mutec plus much better timbre and tone. It has two OCXO clocks inside and a very good linear power supply. In case you are looking for and upgrade, I can highly recommend it. What I have read, the Hermes is pretty close to the Gaia. They have just released a 12th anniversary model for both. But you are using a Phantom, so perhaps not the best place to spend the next USD2000 or so. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kAVc8F6Y_I
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by zdenes - 19-Aug-2023, 08:35