Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products
(02-Aug-2020, 13:01)Confused Wrote: One is the Singxer SU-2, the other is the Gustard U16.  Neither of these products are top of their respective ranges, as a quirk of how these things are designed, it seems that the models with the best clocks are also equipped with clock outputs for use with other devices.  It is then the lesser models with lesser clocks, that have the 10MHz input, for use with a better clock.
@Confused - Those were the same threads that I read from as well.

I bought my Singxer SU-6 when it first came out, upgrading from an SU-1 but before the SU-2 was released. Many SU-1 owners did a simple modification to use an external DC power supply, and I did the same to use it with an external Uptone LPS 1.2 super-capacitor power supply. This was a huge upgrade in the sound of the SU-1.

If the SU-2 was available when I bought the SU-6, I might have tried it instead since I already have a super-capacitor power supply.

I've never used the Gustard and also read positive reviews of the U16. However, there are also many reports of issues with the Gustard. It uses an uncommon USB interface and many people have reported problems with drivers and stability, enough problems that some users have sold their U16's.

The Singxer units use a common XMOS chipset and drivers and are very stable - I use mine for everything from PC gaming to movies to music.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/gustard-...ip.888947/

I do think the sound of the DDC is very system dependent though, so I'm quite hesitant to buy an expensive DDC without being able to try it in my system first.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital to Digital Converters with Devialet - New products - by hardcore - 04-Aug-2020, 18:58