Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BiWire Jumpers on biwireable speakers.
@Pim ,

You're right, everyone has to believe in something and I have no argument with that.

I believe that if there is an audible difference, there has to be a measurable difference as well. The problem is that if you don't measure the right thing, you won't see a measurable difference and if you haven't measured the right thing then the measurements you've made won't prove there isn't a difference because you haven't measured the right thing.

In this case we have no measurements, no observations reported here, and I can't remember seeing any observations reported anywhere. We've got a recommendation with no explanation for the recommendation and no reports from people who have listened that it makes a difference or it doesn't make a difference. Saying it can't make a difference with no evidence at all is just as flawed an approach as saying it works with no evidence at all. At present none of us have any evidence. I'm simply being cautious. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it does make a difference but I'm also not going to accept that it cannot make a difference if all anyone has to show for that is a lack of evidence and a supposition, which may or may not be right, that any difference has to be related to the change in cable length which certainly appears small enough to not make a difference. It's simply that while the difference in cable length may not make a difference, the difference in the method of connection may. I don't know, one way or another.

In the absence of an explanation and a lack of any evidence at all, we can either say that we can't see any reason why it should make a difference, a statement I have no problem with, or we can try it and see what we think and then argue about whether our listening test has any validity or not, but if you can't prove without evidence that it works, you also can't prove without evidence that it doesn't work. As I said, none of us has any evidence so we can't say that it can work and we can't say that it can't work.

You can't try it because the Dynaudio CI doesn't have biwire connections and I can't try it because my Sopra 2s don't have biwire connections. Do we have a volunteer whose opinion we both trust?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: BiWire Jumpers on biwireable speakers. - by David A - 29-Jul-2020, 14:26