Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BiWire Jumpers on biwireable speakers.
David, I don't get into discussions about the merits of re-clockers, USB converters and the like because I just don't know enough about them. I've tried a re-clocker and it made no difference to my ears but I still wouldn't say it doesn't make a difference because I might be listening for the wrong thing. This is a different story though. Your comparison with the Wright brothers makes it sound like this is rocket science. It's not. It's a very simple signal running through a very simple piece of cable. Jean-Marie's explanation above says it all. That's really all there is.

Suggesting there might be more to it is like investigating whether there's a difference between this message, which I'm typing on a wireless key board, and the last one, which I wrote on my laptop. You wouldn't investigate that because you know the only difference is the letters I typed. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want scientific proof, my theoretical comparison with TV's and coax cable should be enough. In science, once you have proven that there's no difference a a frequency into the MegaHertz, knowing that the higher the frequency is, the higher the chance of an impact, you're not going to then look into lower frequencies knowing they are much more robust.

Signal in cables and signal in the air are very similar this way. Long wave radio can run through trees, bounce off clouds and reach very, very far. Satellite (into the GigaHertz) stops working as soon as there's a branch from a tree hanging in front of it. What you're suggesting to investigate is whether there might be an improvement in long wave radio when we leave the door open to let the signal into a house 20km away from the transmitter. It might be at 1000km but at 20km, absolutely not.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BiWire Jumpers on biwireable speakers. - by Pim - 03-Aug-2020, 22:58