Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BiWire Jumpers on biwireable speakers.
Pim,

I have to repeat that the difference in cable length is not the only difference, the connection is different. Draw a circuit diagram and the circuit will be slightly different. I don't know if that circuit difference will make a difference to the sound, I'm not into electronic circuitry, but you are ignoring that difference and making the assumption that the only difference is that of cable length. Science depends on the replicability of results under identical circumstances and an experiment with TVs and coax cables does not replicate the circumstances of a speaker connection.

I have no idea whether this connection method for speakers with BiWire terminals makes a difference or not but the only way to find out is by repeating observations with that connection method, not by arguing that because cable length differences of the scale involved can't make a difference (I agree on that point) or by comparing this connection method to a different setup with a TV. Doing a different experiment with 2 TVs and comparing visual results does not constitute a replication of a biwire connection to a two way speaker and it doesn't prove anything about what happens with the speaker connection. It's that simple. Replication of the observation about the speaker connection requires that you repeat the exact same connection with speakers. I am most definitely not suggesting that what we investigate is analogous to "whether there might be an improvement in long wave radio when we leave the door open to let the signal into a house 20km away from the transmitter".
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: BiWire Jumpers on biwireable speakers. - by David A - 03-Aug-2020, 23:25