Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there an audible difference streaming files from a NAS compared to build in SSD?
(01-Sep-2020, 10:01)elisecoen Wrote: Both SSDs and hard drives do the same job: They boot your system, and store your applications and personal files. But each type of storage has its own unique feature set.
Hard drives win on price and capacity. SSDs work best if speed, ruggedness, form factor, noise, or fragmentation (technically, a subset of speed) are important factors to you. If it weren't for the price and capacity issues, SSDs would be the hands-down winner.

I am not sure if that is 100% true.  I have read tests and reports that SSD's are actually noisier than HDD's, in terms of electrical noise at least.  Also, SSD's are not always that reliable.  I have not had a HDD fail for many years, but I did have a failure with an SSD last year.

Quite how much of a difference any electrical noise from an SSD makes to sound quality is of course highly debatable, see F1's post above!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there an audible difference streaming files from a NAS compared to build in SSD? - by Confused - 05-Sep-2020, 09:41