Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Phantom Gold doesn't support 192/24, surprising answer from support??
(03-Sep-2020, 09:41)rsemedo Wrote: I'm looking for feedback from this community about what I should do next...maybe I should only give up on the Phantom Gold and move on to other greener pastures (after I get a full credit) please.... :-(

I've been battling with Devialet support for months now around an issue that I have, my Phantom Gold stops recognizing (after a few minutes of playing those tracks) the Toslink cable is connected to the speaker every time I play 192/24 tracks...initially the answer was it must be your cables....I trialed/bought several different cables (including a very expensive Lifatec), the source is not good (I had an EVGA Nu card), moved to a Primare NP5, etc, etc...and today I received this answer below:

>Manson
 (Devialet)

>Sep 3, 2020, 7:10 AM GMT+2
>Hello Renato,
>
>Hope you are well. The investigation of the optical input is now completed.
>
>Our engineer confirmed that use an optical input at 24/192k is above the product limitation of the Devialet system, while Phantom is not officially >compatible with 24/192k. 
>
>If you would like to stream such high-quality tracks without downsizing, I would recommend UPnP as an alternative. You will need to download a >UPnP app that is compatible with your Primare NP5.
>
>Hope you can understand.
>Best Regards,
>Manson | Customer service & support Devialet

Deviatet website (https://www.devialet.com/en-au/buy-gold-phantom/) clearly states the spec is supported and I'm sure there are dozens of people in this forum paying HiRed (192/24) tracks via Toslink, so I'm completely flabbergasted with this answer and unsure what to do anymore...should I reach out to a different Support (Frensh) or something, I hear different countries have a different quality of support, etc...I need help community....I love my Phantom Gold but it has been too painful just to listen to music.... Undecided

I also found that Phantom could not apply 24/192 with optical input.  
Sometimes there is a sound, but it often breaks off.  
Then, the connection to the optical cable is not found, but eventually the connection is lost.  It's a very unfortunate part.  
Isn't it technically insufficient not to support the high-end speaker 24/192?  
It also supports cheaper products. 
I am South korean.
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold doesn't support 192/24, surprising answer from support?? - by Lee inseok - 15-Sep-2020, 13:22