Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Phantom Gold doesn't support 192/24, surprising answer from support??
(04-Feb-2021, 18:34)KarlMarx Wrote:
(15-Sep-2020, 13:50)ogs Wrote: I think Devialet has tried to clean up their web removing all references to 24/192 for Toslink. I fear 24/96 will be the new spec for Toslink. On Reactors too... maybe even new Expert amplifiers....

Anyone with Audirvana here? Is it stable with 24/192 material?

Audirvana over UPnP ethernet works perfectly for 24/192, I've had no issues and placebo or not, but since the update I think my golds sound better than ever

Yeah, I wrote that long before the current limit of 48kHz was introduced for Phantoms. Now only the DAC is 24/96 (was 24/192), but everything is downsampled to 48kHz(who knows if 48kHz has been there always and 192kHz is just a mirage). I can easily believe that Phantoms sound better with the newest firmware. Someone within Devialet's design team has managed to improve sound quality of their devices. The Expert amps has had improved SQ as new firmwares came out. Not all versions were better than the previous, but the general trend has been improvement. I guess the same is the case for Phantoms.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold doesn't support 192/24, surprising answer from support?? - by ogs - 04-Feb-2021, 21:02