Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to all Etherregen users
I hope it will work for you.

This is obviously a tricky bug. I had some instability with RaaT quite some time ago. Not the infamous slow downloading, but music would stop occasionally (between twice a day to once every couple of days). When looking at Roon, it was like if I had stopped the music myself, and hitting play would restart everything fine.

I eventually (completely by chance) pin pointed it to be cause by the antivirus I had on my mac (Symantec Endpoint Protection). I had to remove it for a different reason and suddenly no more issue.

Then about 3 months ago, I saw appearing the infamous slow download and therefore RaaT became unusable for me (full disclosure, I'm not using any high res file, I have downsampled everything to 16/44.1).

It lasted for about a month and since then, it is working fine again.

The only change I can think of is security updates on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. Nothing has changed on my network, nothing has changed on my Devialet.

Even more troublesome, sometimes my Roon remote on my iPad, cannot see my Roon core on my mac if they are not connected on the same Wifi access point. This does not make sense since all the APs are on a single L2 network and they are connected as pure bridges. It works most of the time, but sometime it does not and I have not been able to identify the cause. (By the way, it is hard to accuse Devialet in that later problem because it is not involved at all  Rolleyes )

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
Question to all Etherregen users - by pvanosta - 05-Sep-2020, 09:00
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by Pim - 06-Sep-2020, 03:55
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by Jean-Marie - 06-Sep-2020, 11:01
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by anan - 23-Sep-2020, 11:31