Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to all Etherregen users
(07-Sep-2020, 11:21)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Sep-2020, 22:00)bernardl Wrote: Team,

Quick report on the Melco vs EtheRegen in my system.

Although I had very high hopes, and invested a lot with a super optmized set up including:
- a Cybershaft OP21A-D super clock (some claim is the best on the market)
- a very high end clock cable (Shunyata Sigma)
- a 3D printed aluminium heatsink I designed myself,
- a high end grounding cable

And although I love dealing with Uptone...

The Melco with the Uptone LPS-1.2 is just clearly better in my environment. After replacing it back I got back to the amazing flow, transparency, naturalness and un-digital sound I had somehow lost with the EtheRegen.

I tried various combinations (removing the clock,...) but the Melco + LPS always ends up being the clearly better option. And that is with the same Ethernet cable (Shunyata Omega).

I’ll probably send the EtheRegen back to Uptone if I find the time to have it checked because the result is both surprising and disappointing to me considering how much I invested.

Fortunately the clock will be used to drive a Mutec once I get the right LPS for it in a few months.

Cheers,
Bernard
Hi Bernard, i've been using the Melco S100 with an SBooster power supply for about 5 months. Can fully agree with your experiences with the S100. The S100 stays in the chain, and the theme switch has been done for me!

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
Question to all Etherregen users - by pvanosta - 05-Sep-2020, 09:00
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by Pim - 06-Sep-2020, 03:55
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by bernardl - 08-Sep-2020, 10:14
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by anan - 23-Sep-2020, 11:31