Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Roon Changes - Devialet Impact?
(13-Sep-2020, 15:59)disarmamant Wrote:
(13-Sep-2020, 15:33)Pim Wrote: Come to think of it, apart from Bluetooth, what else isn't working on the CI board that was promised?

Native Qobuz

On the other hand the integration of Quobuz in Roon with the Devialet works amazingly well.

When I play a local album stored in my own catalog:
- there is to the right a set of automatic recommendations from he Quobuz streaming displayed to the right
- at the bottom of the page there is easy access to the full list of Quobuz streaming albums from the same artist, including albums he/she did collaborate to, with the display of the file bit depth and also a star rating based on some reviews of the album. This is just amazingly useful to identify at a glance which of the many albums are likely to be the best
- the Quobuz radio that kicks in automatically at the end of the replay of the selected albums queries the full online Quobuz catalog and streams automatically the best possible recommendation of artists/albums I may like based on my history of replays... and most of the time it makes for amazing finds

When I do a search in Roon, the full Quobuz catalog is searched together with my local library and both sets of results are displayed separately to make it easy to prioritize local replay that may be of higher quality than remote streaming.

Honestly, a native Quobuz replay with the Devialet is very unlikely to come close to this level of perfection through Roon.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major Roon Changes - Devialet Impact? - by bernardl - 14-Sep-2020, 23:42