Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break your power supply challenge
I just got this idea whilst posting on the power conditioner thread and I thought it would be great fun to have a challenge! 

There are those who swear the improvement in sound quality by using a power conditioner is huge and there are those who think it's all bullock. To discuss that please go to the power conditioners thread https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Power-di...onditioner

I started this thread specifically to have us all have a go at 'proving' the power supply can be 'cracked'. So, get out your blow driers, connect your blenders up to the same power points as your amps and hear the sound quality drop. Come to think of it, the blenders and blow driers are most likely going to make so much noise you won't hear your Experts. But you get the idea; try to degrade the sound quality of your Experts by adding 'dirt' to the power supply.

Some ideas are:

Cheap switch mode power supplies.
Fluorescents. Especially the you've just turned them on.
LED lighting.
Anything with electric motors. For instance try an electric drill plugged into the same power point as your amp via a long lead so you can have it run in a different part of the house so the sound of the drill itself isn't an issue.

Good luck everyone! I'm exited!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Break your power supply challenge - by Pim - 26-Sep-2020, 10:56
RE: Break your power supply challenge - by Pim - 09-Nov-2020, 22:02
RE: Break your power supply challenge - by Pim - 27-Sep-2020, 02:48