Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
(06-Oct-2020, 16:16)ewaucq Wrote:
(06-Oct-2020, 16:00)agentsmith Wrote: hmm

They did not even bother to create an interface into the EQ settings?

Yes, fully manual by editing text file by hand. 
Mind you I think I prefer doing this that relying on a buggy app...

At the end of the FAQ page (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...0016719679), there's a link to a ZIP with 4 examples including screenshots: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ackage.zip

I find it useful, example: 
Code:
// Name for this EQ configuration
"NAME":"LEVEL1",

// Simple 6dB cut @ 100 Hz on both channels
// syntax:"EQ_x_L":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for left channel
// syntax:"EQ_x_R":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for right channel
"EQ_1_L":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],
"EQ_1_R":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],

Funny just a couple of weeks ago I got tired waiting for a sign of life from Devialet HQ and changed from D440 to a Kondo amp fronted by the Weiss DAC502 DAC.

The Weiss shows exactly what I have been saying is wrong with the half finished configurator, which is the inability to access the configuration and controlling from a computer via a web browser or an app.

Weiss also has the "Room EQ" function where you can adjust the frequency, gain and Q factor *on the fly*, amongst other things like changing sources and a bunch of DSP functions.

Not able to adjust the settings on the fly means someone would have to turn their units off, take out the SD card to edit from a computer, reinsert, hold your breath and hope it does not crap out.

One would think this function of access from browser should be trivial since it is already network accessible, all it takes is a tiny web server installed in the unit.  I am puzzled why Devialet HQ is so attached to the unreliable SD cards.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - by agentsmith - 07-Oct-2020, 02:15