Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
(10-Oct-2020, 14:17)Bartype Wrote:
(10-Oct-2020, 01:08)alandbush Wrote:
(09-Oct-2020, 23:03)Bartype Wrote: Well, i have tried put a simple one frequency setting within Roon and exactly the same settings within sweet room. I can tell Roon is sounding much better with this same setting compared to Sweet room, which sounds flat... Or i am doing something wrong.

Not all equalisers use the same formulae and Roon and Sweet Room are different.

For example

Roon
For the Peaking filters the bandwidth in Hz between the half gain points is given by:

Bandwidth = centre frequency/Q

100hz  6db  Q=7.079

Sweet Room
For the Peaking filters the bandwidth in Hz between the half gain points is given by:

Bandwidth = sqrt(gain)*centre frequency/Q

100hz  6db  Q=10

As you can see, the Q values are different in generating the same filter shape.

You can convert Roon filters to Sweet Room filters by using REW.
Within REW, select EQ tab, choose the 'Generic' equaliser for Roon, enter the filter values then change the equaliser to 'Rephase'.

GREAT, thank you, i'll try this out!

I can confirm this works! The end result is a fairly big difference between the Q values of Roon and Sweet room while the other values stay the same...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - by Bartype - 10-Oct-2020, 16:21