Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
(27-Oct-2020, 14:21)DavidĀ A Wrote: Devialet may be in discussion with Dirac but that doesn't mean that we may see Dirac in the Expert Pro range.

For Expert Pro, Devialet is still using the 'old' entry into ADH. I.e. there is actually only one digital input path within the the amplifier(Mathieu Pernot told me this). Input switching (AES, coax, USB, output from CI etc.) sits in front of this single input. I think the CI board has much of it's capacity unused and it is only used for RAAT today, maybe AIR.

Dirac and indeed ordinary convolution would have to run on the CI board. Input switching would have to send output to the CI board which then routes it's output to the aforementioned input. Questions are(as you have discussed in your post): Is it possible? Does the CI have necessary capacity? Will Devialet do this? If yes, when?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - by ogs - 28-Oct-2020, 16:17