Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Tweak for Ethernet input
Here is some strange, and may be fantastic, input from me... and yes, on the ethernet topic.

And I am sure I will attract all the thunder with this one but bear with me...

Last week I got hold of some cleaning fluid called Stabilant 22. It has been around for a couple of decades now and does not have many hifi references, other than a couple of reviews, and apart from the fact that HighFidelityCables is delivering their cables' connectors treated with this...

It has references from electronics manufacturing, used mainly in sockets of chips and other connectors in circuits to eliminate intermittent problems.

Sold by amazon...You can read a lot of application notes from their archaic looking website...

I tried it in various connections, one by one, listening for any improvements... WARNING: It is NOT recommended to be used on 220V contacts.

To my disbelief, the biggest plus I received is when I applied it to the two ends of Vodka ethernet cable, connecting Devialet and my Laptop. And on Phono leads, and cables leaving my tonearm...

Go figure...

Not cheap but not expensive either. All I needed was 2-3 drops to apply it to all connections in my system. The level in the container has barely changed...

Effect on speaker cables and interconnect (non Devialet phono stage to Devialet) is also good, but needed time to stabilise. On the digital ethernet and small signal, it was immediate, and quite impressive.

With more positive results on HDMI connections of my video setup, I think this thing requires a strong recommendation.

And no, it is not a cleaner (I have another means of properly cleaning connections, by a cheap commercial ultrasonic jewelry cleaner), it is an "enhancer", and is very different than Caig, VDH, etc, all of which I have tried.

Cheers...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantastic Tweak for Ethernet input - by Kunter - 16-Jun-2014, 20:52